- St. Johns County to open free COVID-19 Testing Site in partnership with Nomi Health. In partnership with Nomi Health, St. Johns County is offering COVID-19 testing between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., seven days a week, beginning Monday, August 16, at the Wind Mitigation Building located at 3111 Agricultural Center Dr. The site will provide PCR and rapid (antigen) COVID-19 tests for those 12 months and older, but recipients may only choose one. Rapid test results will be available the same day and PCR test results are typically available between 24 and 48 hours. Results will be delivered to recipients via text or email. There is no appointment necessary to receive a COVID-19 test, and insurance is not required. Additionally, you do not have to be symptomatic to get tested. If you need to get tested prior to Monday, please visit http://stjohns.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/covid-19-response/testing/index.html to find a location near you.
- Click Here To Learn More About St. Johns County's 200th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Johns County is launching a new emergency notification system to provide residents with critical information during emergency situations. The new Alert St. Johns system will enable residents to get critical information in a variety of situations including severe weather, unexpected road closures, water advisories, missing persons, evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods, and incidents that may threaten public safety. To receive alerts, sign up at https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736725582#/login.
- The Fire Watch Program and App. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, approximately twenty veterans commit suicide each day in the United States. To respond to this national epidemic, St. Johns County has joined surrounding communities and local organizations in Fire Watch, a program that provides a support system for veterans in crisis. The Fire Watch launched a mobile app that enables veterans and volunteers to foster positive relationships and ensure veterans get the help they need. Available on both the Apple App Store and Android Google Play, the app will allow veterans in crisis to quickly receive emergency assistance and connect them with a variety of local resources and allies that will help them build relations and provide one-on-one counseling and support. www.thefirewatch.org.Â
- Pledge St. Johns County. Take the Pledge & View Businesses that have taken the pledge.
For COVID-19 Information: Please visit our COVID-19 Information page.
Please click to apply for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Indian Traditional Gamcha ll Bath Towel for Regular Use ll India – The County Commissioners receive invitations to attend various events and, on occasion, more than one Commissioner may attend and participate. For notices and more information, visit the BOCC’s Invitations webpage
Current Board / Committee Vacancies – Volunteer Opportunities
St. Johns County Adds New Location for Free Disposal of Yard Waste – Residents in St. Johns County may be experiencing a delay in yard waste collection due to the national workforce shortage. Republic Services and Advanced Disposal have encountered difficulties completing yard waste routes on scheduled service days. In an effort to provide additional options to the community, residents may bring yard waste to the following locations free of charge:
- NEW: Tillman Ridge Transfer Station - 3005 Allen Nease Rd, Elkton, FL 32033, drop off hours are from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- Republic Services Facility - 445A Republic Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32095, drop off hours are from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please note that drop off service is for St. Johns County residential customers only. No commercial trucks or vehicles will be allowed. In addition, all garbage and recycling routes will remain on schedule.
St. Johns County Solid Waste Division is working with Republic Services and Advanced Disposal to ensure yard debris collections are being conducted as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience as we work diligently to restore the expected level of service to your area. For more information, please call the Solid Waste Division at 904.827.6980 or visit www.recyclestjohns.com for updates.
Labor Day Weekend at St. Johns County Beaches – St. Johns County welcomes residents and visitors to enjoy its many beach amenities this Labor Day weekend. From Saturday, September 4, through Monday, September 6, St. Johns County lifeguards, St. Johns County Sheriff’s deputies, and St. Augustine Beach police officers will be working together to ensure the safest beach experience possible for all beachgoers. Lifeguards will be on patrol throughout the weekend. Please call 911 in the event of an emergency.
Vehicles are permitted on 12 miles of beaches between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. daily. Beach passes are required for vehicle access and can be purchased at any of the nine access ramps along the coast. For the most up-to-date information on beach access and driving conditions, please download the Reach the Beach Mobile App for iPhone and Android.
A free shuttle service will also be provided from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. throughout the weekend. One shuttle will transport beachgoers between St. Augustine Beach City Hall and the St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier, and another between Cornerstone Park and Mickler’s Landing Beachfront Park.
For more information regarding St. Johns County beaches this holiday weekend, please visit www.sjcfl.us/beaches, follow St. Johns County Beaches on Facebook or Twitter (@SJCBeaches), or call 904.209.0331.
Fort Matanzas Beach Vehicle Ramp and Parking Lot Closure – The Fort Matanzas vehicular beach access ramp and associated parking lot will close on Tuesday, September 7, to allow the mobilization and setup of equipment for sand placement activities. While the project is underway, there will be no pedestrian or vehicular access to the beach from this parking lot. The ramp and associated parking lot will remain closed throughout the project duration and are expected to re-open by November, weather permitting. For more information, please contact the Coastal Management team at 904-209-0260, or visit www.sjcfl.us/coastalprojects/femadunes.aspx.
St. Johns County Labor Day Holiday Hours – All departments of the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners, St. Johns County Administrative offices, library branches and bookmobiles, the Pet Center, the Supervisor of Elections’ office, the Property Appraiser’s office, and the Tax Collector’s office will be closed Monday, September 6, in observance of Labor Day. All offices and library branches will resume standard business hours on Tuesday, September 7.
The Clerk of Court’s office will remain closed on September 6 for Labor Day and September 7 in observance of Rosh Hashanah and will reopen Wednesday, September 8. Online services to pay court fines and traffic tickets or to access E-Recording and E-Filing will remain available throughout the closure.
The St. Johns County COVID-19 testing site located at the Wind Mitigation Building will also be closed on September 6 and will reopen on September 7. The testing site’s standard business hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
Garbage and recycling collection schedules will not be delayed. The Stratton Road and Tillman Ridge solid waste scale houses will remain open on September 6 during standard business hours.
Vilano Floating Dock Notice – The replacement of the Vilano Floating Dock is scheduled to begin on August 30. The floating dock is anticipated to reopen by November. During this time, the Vilano Pier will remain open and accessible to the public. For more information, please call 904.209.0333.
Doug Crane Boat Ramp Notice – The City of St. Augustine will be removing several derelict vessels out of the Intracoastal Waterway throughout September. The contractor will be utilizing St. Johns County’s Doug Crane Boat Ramp; however, the boat ramp will remain open and accessible to the public. Boaters are asked to use caution in this area during this time. Removal of the derelict vessels will allow for a safer boating and recreational experience for residents and visitors. For more information, please call 904.209.0331.
Notice is hereby given – that the Board of County Commissioners of St. Johns County, Florida, will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, September 7, 2020 at 5:01 p.m. in the County Auditorium at the County Administration Building, 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, Florida.
The purpose of the special meeting is to hold a public hearing to consider and adopt the tentative millage rates and budget for Fiscal Year 2022. The Board may also consider and take action on any other business that may lawfully come before it during the special meeting.
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of County Commissioners with respect to any matter considered at the public hearing, he/she will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purposes he/she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
NOTICE TO PERSONS NEEDING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS AND TO ALL HEARING IMPAIRED PERSONS: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing a special accommodation to participate in the proceedings should contact the ADA Coordinator, at (904) 209-0650 at the St. Johns County Administration Building, 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084. For hearing impaired individuals: Florida Relay Service: 1-800-955-8770, no later than 5 days prior to the date of the meeting.
St. Johns County to open free COVID-19 Testing Site in partnership with Nomi Health – In partnership with Nomi Health, St. Johns County is offering COVID-19 testing between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., seven days a week, beginning Monday, August 16, at the Wind Mitigation Building located at 3111 Agricultural Center Dr. The site will provide PCR and rapid (antigen) COVID-19 tests for those 12 months and older, but recipients may only choose one. Rapid test results will be available the same day and PCR test results are typically available between 24 and 48 hours. Results will be delivered to recipients via text or email. There is no appointment necessary to receive a COVID-19 test, and insurance is not required. Additionally, you do not have to be symptomatic to get tested. If you need to get tested prior to Monday, please visit http://stjohns.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/covid-19-response/testing/index.html to find a location near you.
Sea Turtle Nesting Season – The beaches of St. Johns County are home to several species of endangered or threatened sea turtles. Residents and visitors have a special opportunity and responsibility to protect these magnificent creatures and their vulnerable nesting sites as they return each season to nest. Nesting season began May 1, and County officials are asking residents, visitors, and businesses to help protect natural habitat by observing all nesting season laws and regulations. Learn Turtle Season rules and ways you can have a positive impact: 2021 Sea Turtle Nesting Season
Current FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps & Information – Flood Zone Viewer | NFIP Rating Insurance Discounts for Some SJC Property Owners
Projects, Advisories, Status Updates – For right of way projects, advisories, and status updates as well as permitting activity, please visit the St. Johns County Neighborhood Bill of Rights Application
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities. Public records requests to the County may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or by contacting the County’s Public Records Custodian at:
Office of the County Attorney, Attn: Public Records Custodian
500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, Florida 32084-8686
E: [email protected] | P: (904) 209-0805 | F: (904) 209-0806
Special Districts Information can be found at www.sjcfl.us/SpecialDistricts